Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Ok, Let's do your stupid idea by Patrick Freyne

 A collection of amusing memories, strung together with humour, insight and pathos.  These essays by Patrick Freyne contain much that resonates with us all even if they don't all make us chuckle with laughter they do evince a smile.  Amongst the fun there are a few essays that are very deep.  The one, Care, about being a carer, how hard and difficult it can be, but also how rewarding "For every day that I drove home from work with scratches and bruises, feeling like I'd earned my wages, there'd be another where I had experienced the simple force of someone else's love and it felt like I had stolen something."  An entertaining read.

Words and marks out of 10 weren't taken this evening but those who read the book enjoyed it. 


Next book

The Butchering Art by Lindsay Fitzharris

Next Meeting

13 January 2021 by Zoom

No comments: